Permit the duty-free and tax-free temporary export and import of goods for up to one year.
When showing samples to customers or potential customers, exhibiting at a trade fair or transporting equipment to provide a service, choose the simple and proven way to move business goods to foreign lands - the ATA Carnet, the Passport for Goods.
You can use an ATA Carnet for the following categories of goods:
- Commercial samples
- Professional equipment
- Goods for presentation or use at trade fairs, shows, exhibitions and the like
Using a Carnet eliminates the need for a Custom declaration at border points and the deposit of a guarantee or bond in the country of temporary importation. It can be used for a trip covering more than one country and includes numerous exits and re-entries in the country of origin during the period of the validity of the document. This validity can never exceed one year. Temporary admission under cover of ATA carnets applies to goods, which will be re-exported in the same state in which they were imported.
A carnet may not be used for:
Find an Online ATA Carnet Chamber of Commerce
- Goods imported with a view to sale by auction
- Goods temporarily exported for processing or repair
- The exportation of unaccompanied goods, or by post
- Means of transport imported for private or commercial transport use
- Perishable or consumable items (as they would not normally be re-exported)
- Foreign goods temporarily imported into the E.C.under a Customs Temporary Concession
- Goods which will be subject to an export refund claim, Notice 800 CAP (Common Agricultural Policy)
- Equipment to be used for the construction, repair or maintenance of buildings or for earthmoving and like projects
Do you already use e-z Cert for your certificates of origin? You can now use e-z Cert to apply for your ATA Carnet too.
Register Today at Click Here